another day at the office


I l♥ved this day. Carter and I didn't squeeze a couple sporadic good hours into our chaos, we had an entire day of goodness.

Instead of his normal whine/point/get frustrated combo, he looked me in the eye, raised his little eyebrows and asked me for a kah-coo? (translation: cracker). Yes, it sounds like a fairly unimpressible deal, but I'm telling you, I almost fell on the floor. I suggest words to him all day, he's never chosen a real word on his own like that (besides the no-nos, pah-pulls (apples) and mamas).

On top of that, we played with trucks. He listened to me when I explained things and looked patiently at me until I told him, Ready, Set, Go! before he knocked down his Yo Gabba Gabba figurines over and over.

Things are changing. This little person is starting to focus less on his obsession with apelike err survival instincts and more on listening, learning, copying and caring. It's awesome. And yeah, my eyes got a little teary while we were playing with one of his trucks.

I even got 2 whole kisses out of the blue without even asking for them. Beat that, people with clean houses!

DSC_0345

DSC_0315


I know. I don't know what any of that stuff is, either.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day! I can't wait to get real kisses, my daughter is still in the licking/biting stage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww sounds like a great day! I can't wait until my daughter is doing those things. I'm sure I sound crazy saying this haha!!

    The Sweetest Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just recently found your blog. I'm 15 weeks pregnant; only in the very early stages. LOVED this post. Can't wait for these moments. I'll definitely be back for more. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete