Answers to Questions, Round 1


Here's the first round of questions I've answered. If you don't see your question, it's because either I haven't gotten to it yet, or it was a hard question and I'm still thinking about it. :o) Feel free to comment, and keep the great questions coming!


I have a 7 week old baby boy. I was wondering how much do you breastfeed and how did you get so much breast milk? I feel like i don't have enough. I tried eating oatmeal and breast mom tea. And he feeds every 2 to 3 hrs.

I don't have much milk either ... Actually right now I don't even have a single drop stored. Carter also eats every 2-3 hours, so that makes it hard to pump, especially having to take care of him & play with him, there's almost never time to pump. I recently started trying to eat oatmeal, too. I haven't noticed a big difference though.


Are you & your husband rich?

No not at all


I know it was a long road to have your miracle, Carter. Have you decided yet whether you will try to have another child?

Right now we aren't completely sure. We don't want Carter to grow up alone, but the IVF process was definitely hard. In a way it feels like doing it again would be pushing our luck. We are going to consider both IVF and adoption if we decide on another one.

If you decide to become pregnant again, is there anything you would like to do different while pregnant and/or for your labor and delivery?

I'd take more pictures of me & the belly throughout the pregnancy. I thought my weekly YouTube videos would be enough, but I find myself wishing I had more than a couple pictures to look at. I also think I'd go to a different hospital, too many things went wrong that bothered me, like cutting Carter's head.


What are your thoughts on teen pregnancy?

Teen pregnancy is usually seen as a bad thing, which I can understand. Most teens aren't ready for the huge responsibility of a baby; their education, careers and lives instantly become a struggle.

But, having personally struggled with infertility for years, I really see every pregnancy -no matter what situation - as a valuable life, sent by God for a specific reason. Of course, after going through so much heartbreak not being able to get pregnant, I hate hearing about unwanted and accidental pregnancies. I do think these people should take a step back and look at what a miracle they were given, and always consider adoption if they don't want the baby.

Where/when did you meet your hubby?

We met in college when I was 20 and he was 23 .. we worked together at a sports bar, I was a waitress and he was my manager. I talk about it in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjzs7TUbECQ

Where did you go to college? What major?

East Carolina University in Greenville, NC. I majored in Communication with a minor in Hispanic Studies.


Do you have a house cleaning schedule? How do you schedule your day with house cleaning and taking care of Carter?

I try to straighten up when Carter naps throughout the day. Unfortunately, he only naps for 30-45 minutes at a time, so it's hard to get a lot done. Sometimes if I'm not too exhausted, I clean when Matt gets home from work and is playing with him.


Can you do a video on your schedule throughout the day? taping your day

I was actually trying to do something like that yesterday, but my video camera died 3 minutes into it :o( I may try it again in the upcoming weeks

is carter on solids now? When and how much do you give him?

Yes, he got to start rice and oatmeal cereal last week. The doctor said at this point it's just for fun and trying to teach him how to swallow. He spits 99% of it out. I give him either 1/2 tbsp or 1 tbsp mixed with 3 parts water either in the morning when we first come downstairs (about 30 min after nursing) or in the evening around dinner time. In about 2 weeks he's allowed to start yellow vegetables.

What would you say was the hardest part about being a new mom?

Running errands and going to stores. You can't just hop in and out of the car like you used to ... and you have to bring so much along with you .. toys, milk, hat, blanket, pacifers. Gathering all that stuff is enough to make you forget where you were going in the first place.

What do you love best about being a mom?

hearing Carter laugh

If there could be one thing you would guarantee Carter in life what would it be?

I want him to be happy and confident

If you could get one thing back from before you had Carter what would that be?

Sleeping a solid 5 hours!

What kind of stroller do you have?

We have the Maclaren Four Seasons and also a Snap n Go stroller frame for holding his car seat. I love them both!

I had my little boy 4 weeks ago and I'm still topping up my breastfeeding with formula.how and when did you start breastfeeding only?

I decided I wanted to do breastfeeding only right from the start ... so that's what we were trying to do at the hospital. But Carter got really bad jaundice and I was worrying he wasn't getting enough food to be healthy and get over the jaundice, so we gave him formula along with breastmilk during his first week. After his jaundice starting getting better, we were breastfeeding only and have been ever since.

If you were to have another baby, how far apart would you like their age to be?

No more than about 3 years

Boy or girl for the next baby?

Girl, but I won't be picky :o) Having a little boy has been a lot better than I ever dreamed it would be.

are you more chocolate or vanilla? ( sorry for my english i'm French) ;)

Chocolate

Do you do your hair and makeup daily?

When I don't leave the house, I do it every other day or so. I start feeling weird & bad about myself if I go too long without makeup, I don't know why


What are your favourite tv shows?

The new 90210, Lost, The Bachelor, Keeping up with the Kardashians, The Doctors, Oprah, 16 and Pregnant/Teen Mom.

What does your husband do for work?

He's a supervisor at a pharmaceutical company

How would you describe yourself in 3 words?

Down to earth

What was the best job you've ever had?

Waiting tables at a sports bar in college, I loved it

What is your favorite food?

Buffalo chicken tenders with bleu cheese

What kinds of food do you eat regularly for meals?

Lately I love oatmeal with frozen berries, orange juice and bowls from Chipoltle. I eat everything though, it varies a lot.

How was giving birth for you? Was it as bad as everyone says? I'm pregnant and a little nervous for it!

I didn't do very well with the pain, but I'm really proud of myself for getting him out vaginally. Don't be nervous though, everybody's different! By the time you get close to the end of your pregnancy, you'll be SO ready for it. Here's my video telling my labor story: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF6WiNGMZfI

What's your favorite activity to do with Carter?

I love watching Matt make him laugh hysterically, and I like watching his face when I give him a toy.

What is your favorite brand of make-up?

Usually Mac for eyeshadow, liners and blush. But I use Makeup Forever for my foundation & concealer. Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush lip glosses. L'Oreal Telescopic mascara. Bobbi Brown Shimmerbricks for highlights.

What type of job did you have before Carter?

I worked for TV Guide for 4 years doing television schedules and writing program descriptions.

When are you and Matt going to try for a second baby?

We aren't sure what our plan is yet. If we decide on another one, we may start around January next year.

How old are you?

I turned 29 last month


If you could go back in time 10 years and tell your younger self something, what would it be?

I'd tell myself not to go in the tanning bed so much & probably some kind of gambling fact that could make me a millionaire. Ooh and I'd tell myself that mid-drift shirts showing your belly button are not cute.

What was your favorite TV show as a child?

Full House, Winnie the Pooh and Mr. Rogers

What website do you spend the most time on?

Youtube, Hotmail and Twitter

1 comment:

  1. I have a question for you but I could not find the website like so I figured I would just ask here. I have a son who is now 11 weeks old and smiles more and more these days but I have not heard him laugh yet and cant wait! How old was Carter when you heard his first laugh and what was your reaction. I know every baby is different but I would love to hear your answer

    ReplyDelete